INCREDIBLE INDULGENCES

Do what makes you happy............you will live longer. After all is said and done, the quality of life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

Mark Twain wrote: "Sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching, and live like it's heaven on earth."

There is no more brilliant light than that which follows complete darkness.



Poetry is good for you...body and soul

Poetry is good for you...body and soul

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dreams

To startle me from sleep was your favorite trick.
You would stalk me as I dreamed.
What hurt me most was that I did not dream of you.
I was always afraid I would cry out his name,
Sending you away from me in needless pain.
My other lovers were only faceless phantoms
Wandering in my night.
You would not have understood
And I could not explain,
For to  speak of them would vanquish them.
Through no fault of yours,
I loved you chastely, purely, as you wished,
But I am what I am....
A shameless harlot in my fantasies,
Seeking pleasure in other arms,
Finding climactic excitement,
Bathed in the scent of faceless, eager men
Who take me in loveless urges,
Leaving me breathless and exhausted.

1992

No comments:

Post a Comment